Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful 2008 and that 2009 will be even better! Taliesin and Nathanael tried to stay awake last night to ring in the new year, but they didn't quite make it. They did get to watch part of New Year's Eve in Time Square online before they fell asleep, though. Then this morning, we had our own New Year's celebration - complete with streamers, noisemakers, popping firecrackers, and shiny hats. Then they made posters out of the streamers that emerged from the poppers. After that, we looked online for celebrations of the New Year from various countries. In between times, of course, we built with Legos, played with trains, read books, and played some computer games. Today has been a good beginning to our new year.

My Resolutions for 2009:
To be the best wife and mom I can be, to continue my studies of God's Word, to continue following the call the Lord has placed upon my life, to continue allowing my sons to follow their interests and learn everyday - encouraging them to follow their own dreams and goals, and it would be nice to get in better physical shape.

My Goals for 2009:
Keep working hard in college (passing with all "A"s would definitely be nice), finish the Heath Ledger book for a spring publication, and continue working on my freelance writing (2008 has been a wonderful year for that).

Kandy

2 comments:

Show Us The World said...

Sounds like some great goals to me! Happy New Year. Hope you are feeling better today!
Krystal

unschoolermom said...

I am feeling much better today, thank you for asking!

Kandy