Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Taliesin!

Princess, knowing Taliesin isn't feeling himself...

Nathanael, just relaxing with Riley


Today, Jan. 13, is Taliesin's sixth birthday! And he has the stomach flu. :^( At least his party (along with Nathanael's, whose birthday is Jan. 27) isn't until the end of the month. We always plan a big double party for them. Last year, it was a movie/art party. This year, it's going to be a pizza party. Taliesin's theme will be Wall-E, and Nathanael has decided on Cars, even though he had that theme two years ago. LOL. But that's okay.

For their birthdays themselves, we always try to do something special - decorate the house with Happy Birthday banners, make a cake, etc. Well, earlier this morning Taliesin decided to paint. You may remember a picture of his log cabin he got before Christmas. Well, it sits on our kitchen table, and he was painting in the kitchen. He looked at his log cabin and told me, "That looks like it's made out of Lincoln logs. I would like some Lincoln logs for my birthday." So I told him we would get him some and give them to him at his party. He was satisfied. But today, I decided he also needs some kind of present for today, after all it is his special day. So I took the last $4.75 I have for the week next door to the DAV thrift store. You will never believe what I found. There, on the very back wall, was a big bag of Lincoln logs for $4.29. The total cost came to $4.59 with tax. I know that that bag of Lincoln logs was left there for Taliesin's birthday. They made a sick little birthday boy very happy on his special day. God is good! And, another special thing, Kelsey had put back some camera batteries that I didn't know about. So I was even able to get some birthday pictures today. :^)


Kandy

6 comments:

Deb said...

God is indeed good - enjoy his birthday!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope you feel better fast!
That is a big bag og Lincoln Logs, score!

Larissa Klusman said...

I just seen this! Happy late b-day Taliesin from benjamin and the Klusman family! We hope you get to feeling better fast! :)

unschoolermom said...

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Taliesin is still a little sick today. We didn't make it to the unschooling group activity this morning and had to cancel dance lessons for tonight. But Taliesin and Nathanael are still having fun. I'll be posting about more month-of-January birthday activities. :^)

Kandy

TERI said...

Happy Birthday! Taliesin! Hope you are feeling better. What a blessing to find the Lincoln Logs! What fun. Cute pics, too! Glad you were able to get some and share wit us.

unschoolermom said...

Thank you! Taliesin is feeling lots better now, but Nathanael has it now. :^(

Kandy