Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Monday, May 12, 2008

Movies...

My cousin has the coolest MySpace page! I was just looking at it again. One of the things she has is her list of favorite movies. My blog will never be as great as hers, but I thought it would be fun to list mine, too. If anyone wants to take me up on this and list theirs, I'd love to read them!

Top 10 Favorites:
10. The Village - Kelsey tells me this movie is boring, but I don't think so. I think it's deep - theologically. We cannot run from our own nature.
9. Sweeny Todd - gotta love this movie. What's not to love? Johnny Depp is fabulous as the Demon Barber of Fleet Street. And I love the message - revenge doesn't pay.
8. Queen of the Damned - my all-time favorite vampire movie. And I love vampire movies. I thought Stuart Townsend made an excellent LaStat (better than Tom Cruise, in my opinion).
7. The Passion of the Christ - in my opinion the best movie on the life of Christ. This one made me cry. My favorite scene is the beginning one - when Jesus is praying in the Garden of Gethsemene and Satan as the snake coils around His feet in a moment of temptation. Then, calling to mind the first Messianic prophecy in Genesis, Jesus crushes the head of the snake. Wow! So powerful!
6. Signs - I was pregnant with Taliesin when I first saw this movie. There were so many emotions (and hormones) running through me at that time, I cried at the end when Mel Gibson's character decided to go back to being a priest. I still love the deep meaning of this movie!
5. Stigmata - this is the movie that got Kelsey and I together. We watched this movie together at his apartment, and he kissed me when he dropped me off at home.
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - although my least favorite of the Pirate movies, it's still on my list.
3. The Order - in my opinion, Heath Ledger's best movie, although it wasn't a blockbuster. I could watch this movie over and over. Heath was fabulous in this, as in all of his movies that I've seen; but I think this one revealed a lot about his own character. He always reminded me of a spiritual seeker, like his character in the movie. And now that I just finished studying the Caroligian Renaissance of Charlemagne's time era in my college history class, I love this movie even more - with how it plays on history!
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl - the one that started it out - and made me a Pirate fan. Strange thing is, I didn't think it looked that good. I didn't even really want to see it. Kelsey bought the DVD when it came out, and I was hooked!
1. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - I LOVE this movie! What else can I say? It's great!

No comments: