Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Conversations...

Today I took Taliesin and Nathanael to the library, then to the park. When they swing, my sons always like to help me recite the poem "The Swing." This led to the conversation about why the poem calls the earth "brown," when the grass is green. So we talked about all of the different colors mentioned in the poem. This then led Taliesin to ask me, "Why do we live on earth?" I answered, "That's where God created us to be" and recited Genesis 1:1 to him. This prompted him to ask, "Where is Heaven?" I told him Heaven is where God is. He asked, "How do we get to Heaven?" I told him we believe in Jesus. (We've had several conversations about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins - so much so that when Kelsey tossed a box that I wanted for recycled art the other night, Taliesin looked at him and said, "That's why Jesus died on the cross!") He then asked, "Where is Heaven on the map?" I explained that Heaven is not on a map, it's a special place. He insisted, "Heaven is on a map." So I finally told him that I guess we could consider the Bible a map to Heaven. He was satisfied with that....

Kandy

No comments: