Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Past Couple of Days

Boy, do I have some cute pictures to post on here. It's late tonight, so I plan to post them tomorrow. But we had a wonderful 4th of July! On Thursday (the third), Taliesin and Nathanael had the opportunity to visit some bees with 4-H. They thought it was so neat to see all of the bees making honey. I was kind of surprised that the bees were not in any type of enclosure. I was not expecting that. But we kept a little bit of a distance from them, but were still close enough to watch them and take some good pictures. It was good learning experience for them.

Then yesterday was our big 4th of July celebration. The day started with our own parade. Taliesin, Nathanael, Kelsey, my sister, her husband, and I marched around our neighborhood carrying flags and blue streamers wishing everyone a "Happy 4th of July!" and even singing some patriotic tunes. Okay, so the guys got really embarrassed. But it was lots of fun! I can't wait to post the pictures. Then we had our family BBQ. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, veggie burgers (of course, my sister and I are both vegetarian), potatoe salad, macaroni salad, corn on the cob, ice cream, pop, lemonade, and more. It was a lot of fun. Too bad my work had to interrupt. But only for three hours. After work, we drove out of town to buy Taliesin and Nathanael some sparklers. Then off the city's fire works display. This year, Taliesin and Nathanael both loved it! They had such a good time! It was a great day to celebrate our independence!

Kandy

No comments: