Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Thursday, October 16, 2008

More on Socialization

Well, today was a busy day. We arose at 6:30 a.m. to get to a military airplane show - Hogsmoke - by 7:30. Taliesin and Nathanael enjoyed it. I should have some pictures posted by tomorrow (I hope). Then Taliesin had art class. My sister babysat Nathanael, who was deeply into a nap by the time of art class. But that was good. He was in a good mood for his dance class this evening. I think the dance classes are really good for both Taliesin and Nathanael. Their dance teachers are really good with them, encouraging them and doing fun things with them. They both enjoy the stretching exercises in which they pretend to put peanut butter and jelly on their feet. Being a little more tired from getting up early probably had a lot to do with it, but I did notice that at art class, Taliesin just did not seem to really enjoy it. He appeared to enjoy making a sculpture out of clay. But when it came time to interact with the dancing, he sat down and didn't want to dance. That is unusual from the boy who loves dance class. He was fine as long as they were dancing in a circle, but when it came time to pair off into partners, he simply refused to dance. He was not disrespectful at all. When the teacher asked him if he would like to dance, he just told her he did not want to. He didn't sit in the way of the others. He sat off to the side. He has two more art classes left in this session. In a way I'm glad they're almost over. He's been very frustrated since they started, but he still wants to go. I won't tell him he cannot. It is up to him. But I do think he needs a break to get back to himself.

Kandy

No comments: