Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Waiting

Yesterday evening, Taliesin started running a fever and complaining of being dizzy. He also seemed totally out of energy. He's had a sore throat and a headache off and on for the past few days. So off to the doctor we went today. The doctor tested him for influenza and strep, which both came back negative. Because of his symptoms, she also wanted to run a mononucleosis test. So now I'm awaiting the call telling me if this test is positive or negative. Poor Taliesin started crying when the doctor told me if the mono test is positive, he will not be able to take karate for six weeks (the spleen enlarges and any kind of bump or hit could cause it to rupture). I hope it's negative and just a small, simple virus (if there really is such thing). Now Nathanael is running a fever, coughing, and saying he has a sore throat. Ughhh. Taliesin is asleep right now. Nathanael just woke up. I took off from work tonight to watch and wait for the test results.

Kandy

3 comments:

TERI said...

Saying prayers for you and the boys, Kandy.

Show Us The World said...

I really hope he does not have mono. My second dd had it when she was 14-15ish and she was not able to participate in her beloved sport-color guard. Sadly, she then passed it on to me so we both were miserable. I honestly think it took me a few years to get back up to full speed after having it.
Krystal

unschoolermom said...

Thank you for the prayers! I'm so thankful it's not mono! Now to just get over it!

Kandy