Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Homeschooling Products

Well, I have entered the screening process for a focus group reviewing homeschooling products for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. I have been some wonderful products to review via e-mail. I have received the digital magazine itself. I enjoy the way many of the magazines focus on hands-on learning and even some child-directed learning. I was also sent a digital copy of The Old Schoolhouse Planner. What I really liked about the planner is it has all holidays listed in one place, which is fun for celebrating those special days. I also did like the way it has a page to list any "curriculum," which we would list books and activites, on. That really would be a good thing to keep track of, just in case any questions are ever asked. But a lot of the planner was way too scheduled and structured for me. Some people are able to keep a tight schedule of events in the day - from chores to education to play. I am just not one of those people. I, personally, get stressed if I try to keep a tight schedule. But for people that do like a tight schedule, this portion of the planner would come in handy. I do also think the planner would work better for parents of older children. Since my sons are only three and five, there is some of what is included that does not fit our days. But it is a wonderful product, particularly if you do like to stay on schedule. Other information I have received so far has been a homeschooling book co-op, which, I think, could come in handy for anyone, regardless of homeschooling style or age of children. And the best part is it's free to join.

Kandy

No comments: