Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Unschooling Group Day

Well, today we met for the unschooling group at a local park. We decorated t-shirts, bags, socks, baby clothes, whatever with t-shirt paint. Then someone had forwarded a recipe for soda pop to one of the online discussion boards; so we made soda. Well, it actually takes 4-6 days for the yeast to carbonate, so we'll see what the results are in a few days. :^) Taliesin and Nathanael had a lot of fun. They decorated a t-shirt for Kelsey, among other things.
We have had such a busy week this week. Yesterday, I found a website of free unit studies. Taliesin loves the volcano study. So, later on today, we are going to be making a volcano. Taliesin and Nathanael have both been very interested in any kind of weather event or natural event since the tornado warnings here. I also talked with Taliesin to see if he would be interested in doing some literature lapbooks over some of the books we're reading for the library's summer reading program. He said he wants to. He usually enjoys lapbooking, so I think he will.
I only have three official weeks of this teaching class left. I'm actually ahead, so I should be done in a week and a half to two weeks. I think I mentioned that I enrolled in four classes for this fall - a class over the Book of John, a church history class, another education/teaching class, and a youth ministry class. I'm really looking forward to them. I am glad, though, to have a couple of months break to work on my book. I got a return to sender on the Jake Gyllenhaal interview request because I'm not a client. So I guess I'll need to call them, explain my project, and go from there. Oh, check out the passionate about writing blog to see a really neat post from Shakhar Kapur's blog. I'm going to provide a link to it.
Well, need to make a milk run. Taliesin is on a milk kick again. :^)

Kandy

2 comments:

Me said...

I forgot all about that recipe for making pop until I read your post. Definitely let me know how it turns out.

unschoolermom said...

I will! The only thing I'm trying to figure out is what to do about refridgeration. The only flavoring I could find was snowcone syrup, which has to be refridgerated after opening. But yeast will not ferment in the cold. So I'm not sure what to do on that one.

Kandy