Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What We've Been Up To


Last week, we took Taliesin and Nathanael and the daycare kids to a play of Winnie the Pooh at our local community theater.

Of course, we have been doing lots of art



And inventions





And monster trucks!

We are still here, just been busy the past couple of weeks. We have been trying to keep up with ourselves. Taliesin has really gotten into inventions. Above, you will see pictures of some of his hydraulic machines. We've studied so many things from health and nutrition to friendship (see the above Winnie the Pooh play) to pirates. I invested in some fun lapbooking kits from In the Hands of a Child. Taliesin, especially, is loving them! He's been bouncing back and forth between them, his Five in a Row unit studies, Star Wars, art, and inventions here lately. And of course, we have to take our annual trip to see and ride the monster trucks at our local Dodge dealer. This year, Taliesin rode, too. Last year, only Nathanael wanted to. I even rode. It was pretty fun, I have to admit. The Winnie the Pooh play was definitely a highlight. All of the kids loved it, and Taliesin still shows an interest in getting into theater. If you remember from a year or so ago, Taliesin began taking dance lessons with hopes of eventually getting into theater. He's still in dance, and now he's old enough to begin classes and day camps through our community theatre.
So things have definitely been busy here, but I will try to keep up better!
Kandy





3 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like the best kind of busy!

Show Us The World said...

Oh what great things you've been up to. I personally love lapbooks. My kids-not so much. So I'll have to live that one through you. =)

Krystal

unschoolermom said...

Back our first year of homeschooling, we started making lapbooks out of pizza boxes. Taliesin really enjoyed it then. I'm not sure why we didn't continue it more. Then a homeschooling friend sent me a link to some free online lapbooks that contained videos. He begged me to run those off so we could lapbook again. From there, I just started ordering the ones through In the Hands of a Child. They have definitely been worth the money. We are having a blast with them!

Kandy